Need Assistance? Speak with one of our friendly team on +44(0)2038156488 or click here to chat to us online
Rolex Submariner 5513 "Meters First", 1970
A beautiful example of the Rolex Submariner 5513 "Meters First" from circa 1970. This Meters First 5513 has one of the most stunning dials we've seen with even patina and creamy lume plots.
The Rolex Submariner reference 5513 was introduced in 1962 and remained in production for over 25 years. Early examples sported glossy gilt dials until around 1967 when Rolex transitioned to matt dials. From circa 1967 through to the early 1970's (the exact year varies depending on who you ask!) the 5513 was fitted with transitional dials featuring the matt finish but retaining the meters first writing of early examples.
This particular example hails from circa 1970 and remains in fantastic condition with one of the best condition dials we've seen. Below we've summarised the overall condition of the watch but as ever if you have questions or would like additional photos just ask!
- Dial & Hands: Original, clean matching lume
- Case: Previously polished but retaining good thickness and fair sharpness on the lugs. Bezel and insert in good condition, marks and scratches present but decent for the age. Pip at 12 o'clock may have been changed. Inner case back stamped forth quarter for 1968. Variance between case back stamp year and case serial normal for the time.
- Bracelet: Oyster Ref. 93150 with 580 end links. Dated 1978. Fitted later but the 93150 ref bracelets were correct on later 5513 Submariners Spare link.
- Movement: Serviced calibre 1520. You can see the age on it but it is clean and working well.
- Box and Papers: Outer and inner box. Original certificate of authenticity and guarantee from the retailer the current customer purchased the watch from in 2015.
All in all this is an excellent example of the highly collectable Rolex Submariner 5513 with a Meters First dial.
We know buying a watch that is decades old can be daunting. That's why in addition to servicing all our watches and offering a 14 day return policy, we also offer a 1 year warranty.
So in the unlikely event your watch misbehaves, just send it back to us and we'll repair and return it to you free of charge.
You can find more details about our Triple Guarantee here.
|Case Size (excluding crown):||40mm|
|Strap & Bracelet Condition:||Excellent|
- Delivery within the UK is Free.
- Delivery within Europe is £30 for watches valued under £10,000. For watches in excess of £10,000 please contact customer service to request a tailored quotation.
- Delivery for the Rest of the World (excluding the countries listed below) is £50 for watches valued under £10,000. Unfortunately we do not ship watches in excess of £10,000 outside of Europe.
Why Buy From Us?
We know buying a vintage watch can be daunting. From the fear of buying a fake, franken or stolen watch to one that is either overpriced or mechanically unreliable; buying a vintage watch is not easy!
But when you buy from us it's like buying from a friend. We offer friendly & transparent advice and never pressure sell. Not only that but every watch is:
Serviced & Authenticated
Comes with 1 year Warranty
14 Day Return Period
Shipped Same Day*
Very good experience with Time Rediscovered. Excellent service and very quick. Nick answered my questions promptly and swapped a strap for me for no extra charge. The watch is in excellent condition. Very happy to recommend Time Rediscovered.
Expert advice, no pressure and no-hard-sell that I have experienced from others. I would certainly buy from again. Product beautifully packaged and promptly dispatched. First class service. Well done
Great watches and a great experience dealing with Nick.
Fantastic service, speedy responses, helpful and super fast deloneny I had been looking for a vintage watch for a while and had trouble trusting online sources but they helped ease any concerns. Cannot recommend more! Thanks Time Rediscovered.